Preventing a Workplace Accident
Construction sites are dangerous. Even if you have taken all necessary safety measures and precautions, there are many unseen obstacles that can obstruct you from preventing a workplace accident. Workers’ compensation laws exist to help injured construction workers like you recover damages. However, a skilled attorney is necessary if you want to receive the full compensation you are entitled to.
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents in Massachusetts
An accident that takes place at work can have any number of causes, many of which are the result of someone not paying attention. Most workplace accidents are usually caused by one or more of the following:
- Carelessness or negligence
- Intentional misconduct, such as horseplay or bullying
- Repetitive physical motion
- Failure to following safety rules or regulations
- Nonexistent safety rules or regulations
- Lifting or moving a large or heavy object
- Malfunction of equipment or tools
- Improper use of equipment or tools
- Failure of safety mechanisms
- Bad weather
Preventing a Workplace Accident | Staying Safe
When it comes to accidents that take place at work, the good news is that the majority of them are preventable. But the bad news is also that the majority of them are preventable. The trick is being able to anticipate the potential for an accident and being willing to take steps to prevent it.
While there’s no guaranteed way to prevent all workplace accidents, there are several things workers can do to reduce their chance of getting involved in an accident, such as:
- Following all safety rules and regulations
- Reporting a violation of a safety rule or regulation
- Identifying instances of where the modification or creation of a safety rule can address a specific risk at work
- Staying healthy; being in poor health has the potential of making a worker more likely to become involved in an accident
- Be knowledgeable about workplace safety; workers who don’t know the safety rules are not likely to follow them
Contact the Law Office of Jeffrey A. Young Today
If you have been seriously injured in any of these preventable workplace accidents, please call our highly skilled Lowell workers’ compensation attorney Jeff Young today for a free consultation.